2 ½ – 3 lbs chicken thighs (with bones and skin on)
1 cup apple cider
1 Tbsp. dijon mustard (grainy kind)
4-5 sprigs of rosemary
2 carrots, chopped
1 small sweet potato, cubed
1 small apple, sliced
2 Tbsp. olive oil
Salt pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- In a bowl, combine carrots, sweet potato cubes, and sliced apples with 2 Tbsp. oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss until well coated.
- Season chicken thighs with a generous amount of salt and pepper on all sides. Over medium to high heat, sear the chicken with skin side down for about 2-3 minutes on each side until golden and slightly crispy.
- Remove chicken from pan and set on a paper towel.
- Combine apple cider, dijon mustard, ½ Tbsp. minced rosemary in the same pan, bring it to boil, and simmer for 45-60 seconds to reduce it slightly.
- Add chicken, skin side up, carrots, sweet potatoes, and apple to the skillet. Then place the rest of the rosemary sprigs on top.
- Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked (internal temperature of 165 F) and sweet potatoes are tender. Enjoy!